School Update Center
Rutherford County COVID-19 Medical Screening Hotline 828.289.1185
NC COVID-19 Helpline: 1.866.462.3821
Lake Lure Classical Academy values the health and wellness of students, employees, families, and our broader community. Our Leadership Team is carefully monitoring news and information regarding the 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCov), as well as confirmed cases of related illness both nationally and internationally.
In connection with state mandates, the school campus remains closed to the public. LLCA will continue to follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, from the Division of Public Health at the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, and from local public health officials in order to reduce or prevent the spread of this and other illnesses, including the common cold and influenza, within the school environment.
Please continue to follow good health practices in order to reduce the risk of personal illness, both during the cold and flu season and throughout the year:
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
• Stay home when you are sick
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
• Follow the CDC’s recommendations for using a face mask. The CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19. Face masks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and, after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
Our leadership team will continue to monitor evolving guidance and coordinate our efforts and activities with national, state, and local public health officials in order to protect students, staff, and families.