Board of Directors
Board Of Directors
Lake Lure Classical Academy’s Governing Board is charged with establishing and overseeing school policy and the annual budget. They approve the curriculum, the school calendar, class schedule and the hiring or dismissal of all staff. It is a working Board with several active sub committees.
The Board meets on the second Thursday of each month at 5:30 PM on our campus at 1058 Island Creek Rd, Lake Lure, NC. These are public meetings in compliance with requirements set forth in N.C. General Statutes: Chapter 143, Article 33C. Meeting agendas are posted 24 hours in advance in the school office and here on the web site. The minutes from the previous month’s meeting will be available within ten business days following this month’s board meeting, again in the office and here on the web site.
- Academic Excellence - Meets monthly on the third Thursday at 4:00pm
- Advancement - Meets monthly on the (undocumented at this time)
- Executive - Meets quarterly in February, May, August and November on second Thursday at 4:00pm
- Facilities - Meets monthly on the first Wednesday at 4:00pm
- Finance - Meets monthly on the third Monday at 4:00pm
- Board Development and Nominating - Meets monthly on the third Tuesday at 4:00pm
- Technology - Meets monthly on the first Tuesday at 12:00pm