WHY US - AT A GLANCE:
- Free fully-accredited public NC Charter School
- Education for grades Kindergarten through 12th Grade, ideal for families with siblings of different ages
- Award-winning Performing Arts Department
- Comprehensive Athletics Program, with 13 sports offerings
- Pre-College & College Level Courses
- 34-acre wooded campus featuring trails, sports fields & amazing mountain views in a small town lake community
- A STEM Lab
- In addition to a diploma, occupational certificates are also available
- State of the Art Gymnasium and Auditorium
- On-site Resource Officer
- Full-time Nurse, Health Center & Tele-health services
- Distance Learning
- Competitive Pay & Excellent Benefits for Full-time associates
- Strong support from the local community
- Collaborative relationship with five surrounding counties where students live, but attend LLCA
- Free bus transportation
CELEBRATING OUR TENTH YEAR IN WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA - A tuition-free public K-12 charter school open to all North Carolina students
Our mission is to inspire in each and every child an appreciation for life-long learning in an inclusive and family-oriented educational setting that values high academic achievement and genuine character development.
Lake Lure Classical Academy incorporates an engaging curriculum that adheres to the North Carolina Standard Course of Study in language arts, history, geography, mathematics, science, and fine arts. The high school program offers a rigorous college-preparatory curriculum leading to a high school diploma.
Students may also choose to participate in the College and Career Promise and take classes through our partnership with Isothermal Community College (ICC). In addition to a high school diploma, students may also earn an Associate of Arts or Science degree. There are also opportunities for students to earn occupational certificates in courses such as computer science, machining, and welding.
Compared to other schools in our region, LLCA offers students and families a unique learning experience with ample opportunities for parent-teacher feedback. With personalized education plans, extensive extracurricular activities, a robust athletics program, hands-on learning, and character education, we are proud to be a school of choice for families of all backgrounds. We place a specific interest in educationally disadvantaged students in this region.
At LLCA, we understand that teachers are the key to the classroom and how critical the right teachers are to your child’s development. Our teachers stay current on the latest teaching tools, technologies, and methods in order to provide students the best education possible. Considering the unique way in which students learn and develop, we understand the importance of employing only the most qualified and compassionate North Carolina licensed teachers. Our administrative and board leadership come from a broad cross-section of industries, including, academia, banking, government, insurance, marketing, and real estate.