Welcome to Lake Lure Classical Academy
Lake Lure Classical Academy is a tuition-free, public charter school in the Lake Lure area serving students in grades K–12.
The Lake Lure Classical Academy, is a tuition-free public charter school open to all North Carolina students. Any child who is qualified under the laws of North Carolina for admission to a public school is qualified for admission to a charter school. To qualify to attend a NC public school, a student must be a resident of North Carolina. County boundaries or school attendance areas do not affect charter school enrollment. LLCA does not limit admission to students on the basis of intellectual ability, measures of achievement or aptitude, athletic ability, disability, race, creed, gender, national origin, religion or ancestry. Our school opened in the fall of 2010 and offers K–12 classes.
The curriculum utilizes the Core Knowledge Sequence, a detailed outline of specific content to be taught in language arts, history, geography, mathematics, science and fine arts. The high school program will offer a rigorous college-preparatory classical curriculum that prepares students for a lifetime of critical thinking, self-motivated learning and active citizenship.
Lake Lure Classical Academy offers:
- A safe, supportive learning environment
- Rigorous content-based curriculum aligned to North Carolina state standards
- NC EOG and EOC tests, as well as the Northwest Evaluation Association MAP Assessment
- A curriculum proven to increase learning
- A focused approach to developing critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Teacher-led instruction that includes exploration and hands-on learning
- A well-rounded education that includes extracurricular activities such as art, drama, music, and sports
- Student/teacher/parent partnership in quality education