Welcome to Lake Lure Classical Academy
Lake Lure Classical Academy is a tuition-free, public charter school in the Lake Lure area serving students in grades K–12.
The Lake Lure Classical Academy, is a tuition-free public charter school open to all North Carolina students. Any child who is qualified under the laws of North Carolina for admission to a public school is qualified for admission to a charter school. To qualify to attend a NC public school, a student must be a resident of North Carolina. County boundaries or school attendance areas do not affect charter school enrollment. LLCA does not limit admission to students on the basis of intellectual ability, measures of achievement or aptitude, athletic ability, disability, race, creed, gender, national origin, religion or ancestry. Our school opened in the fall of 2010 and offers K–12 classes.
Lake Lure Classical Academy incorporates a rigorous, engaging curriculum that adheres to the North Carolina Standard Course of Study in language arts, history, geography, mathematics, science and fine arts. The high school program offers a rigorous college-preparatory curriculum leading to a high school diploma. Students may also choose to participate in the College and Career Promise and take classes through Isothermal Community College (ICC). Students may also earn an Associate of Arts or Science degree in addition to his/her high school diploma. There are also opportunities for students to earn certificates in courses such as welding, machining, and computer science through ICC.
Lake Lure Classical Academy offers:
- A safe, supportive learning environment
- Rigorous content-based curriculum aligned to North Carolina state standards
- NC EOG and EOC tests, as well as the various assessments such as NCSTAR
- A focused approach to developing critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Teacher-led instruction that includes exploration and hands-on learning
- A well-rounded education that includes extracurricular activities such as art, drama, music, and sports
- Student/teacher/parent partnership in quality education